Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring and Inspiration Blooms Anew

Work finally starting to slow down a bit allowing me to have some SL time again... and yet again I'm feeling the urge for some Second Life rebirth.

I keep revisiting the same idea over and over again in my wanderings, and feeling the urge to make that idea come to prim reality. My first thoughts of Serenity all those years ago when I first imagined my own sim was that it was a tiny seaport village, tradesmen coming and going and bringing their wears (and exotic plants!) to the port, the village being a collection of small curiosity and antiquity shops all clustered tightly together to be protected against the elements and sea. Ultimately with the goal of letting the retail that supports the islands blur into the unspoken story of the sim and reinforce the setting and the stories those who visit it create. Visitors being able to wander and shop while still staying immersed in their escape from the grid.

So the idea is to bring together the various elements of the sim, my headline store, the wiccan shop, the cutting garden, the ship port, and the piano garden (garden of the moon), and a few fun new elements into one cohesive whole that feels right, and fits the sim, and most important, do it without compromising the predestine nothing that the sim is that I love.

Challenge yes, but if it wasn't a challenge it wouldn't be worth doing now would it!

Thank You all for your continued support over the years, it is you who make Serenity come to life.

No comments: